Crisalix announces release of e-Stetix 3D Mammo version 3.3
Highlighted feature: Pre-Operative Volumes
Crisalix is continually improving its e-Stetix 3D Mammo simulator. Version 3.3 includes a new system for calculation of pre-operative volume of breasts, which provides you with valuable information about the patient's body such as initial volume, breast asymmetries, etc.
Volumetric analysis is an important topic in breast augmentation procedures. It allows you to optimize the decision-making process of selecting implant size and helps to educate your patient about her own body.
e-Stetix 3D Mammo V3.3 introduces the first version of its volumetric system based on 3D calculations. This new feature is available from the e-Planning section.
Version 3.3 also includes:
1. Superior 3D Modeling: the improved photo-geometrical 3D modeler contains an even faster calculation system than previously, and provides 3D simulation results with increased accuracy.
2. Dual access Multi-Sim / Implant Catalogues: you can now directly access both the implant catalogue and multiple simulations from the e-Planning section. Depending on individual needs during consultation, you can provide your patient with a simultaneous comparison with different sizes of implants or select any implant from the available catalogues.
3. Increased texturization: the 3D model of the patient now shows a more realistic texturization, with less shadow effects or artifacts. This improves the visualization of the body and enhances the overall e-Stetix experience.
4. Improved simulation results: the calculation of the new sub-mammary fold after implant has been improved in order to obtain a more realistic and precise post-operative 3D simulation, by independently processing each breast.
5. e-Planning upgrade: The insertion of a translucent semi-circle allows you to optimize the selection of the size and the position of the implants based on the curvature of the thorax.
In order to better serve his plastic surgery patients receiving breast implants, Dr. Suresh Koneru is the first physician in Texas to use a new software program from Crisalix - the e-Stetix 3-D simulator. Developed by engineers in Switzerland, e-Stetix is the first Web-based 3-D physical simulator for breast implant procedures. Dr. Koneru, who also has an electrical engineering background, will offer e-Stetix as part of the initial patient consultation for breast augmentation at his practice - Advanced Concepts in Plastic Surgery of San Antonio, Texas.
e-Stetix is the first simulator for breast enlargement surgeries using the body’s actual physical properties. Using just a few digital pictures from a regular digital camera and the patient’s body measurements, e-Stetix is able to generate a 3-D simulation of the patient’s body and then simulate the results of a breast augmentation procedure by selecting implants from a standard database. All the simulations are calculated instantaneously, giving the patient results in less than 10 seconds.
“This innovative simulation technique takes traditional ‘before and after’ photos to a new level,” said Dr. Koneru. “Now my patients have the capability to actually see what their body will look like with different types and sizes of implants and make better decisions based on realistic 3-D images of their own body before and after surgery.”
Traditionally, 3-D imaging systems have required large elaborate camera systems and required patients to remain uncomfortably still. With the e-Stetix simulator, Dr. Koneru is able to take 3 simple photographs in his San Antonio plastic surgery office and upload the photos securely to Switzerland. There the 3-D reconstruction is accomplished and then the surgical simulation can begin from Dr. Koneru’s office in San Antonio.
Dr. Suresh Koneru treats patients in San Antonio, Austin, Houston and other cities in Central and South Texas. He offers consultation and surgical procedures for breast implants, breast augmentation, breast lifts, breast reduction and breast reconstruction.. Advanced Concepts in Plastic Surgery also offers services for body contouring and other cosmetic surgeries.
About Dr. Koneru
Dr. Suresh Koneru is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been in private practice in San Antonio since 1996. He is fully trained in all aspects of modern plastic and reconstructive surgery, including cosmetic surgery of the face and body, breast surgery (including breast reconstruction, breast augmentation, breast lift, and breast reduction), suction-assisted lipectomy (liposuction), non-invasive fat reduction and lifting procedures, body contouring (tummy tuck, belt lipectomy, post massive weight loss surgery), and laser procedures.
Licensed in Texas, Dr. Koneru is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery and is the immediate Past President of the San Antonio International Society of Plastic Surgeons. He has been named one of Texas Monthly’s SuperDoctors, Scene in S.A. Monthly’s Top Doctors, and one of America’s Top Plastic Surgeon by Consumers’ Research Council of America.